SOLUTIONS (INFRASTRUCTURE) ARCHITECT
The Solution Architect is a leading technology expert and consultant, who uses extensive experience and expertise to define technology strategy for NEC and clients, and to create technology infrastructure designs where the customer and/ or business problem is of a complexity requiring the highest level of expertise. The role has Technical Authority across NEC technology strategy and across solutions for multiple clients and services. The Architect will analyse requirements in generic and / or specific contexts and translate those requirements into effective and cost-effective, re-usable solutions.
The role is crucially dependent on an ability to assess the readiness of developing technologies and their inherent risk, for exploitation by NEC and clients, selecting and integrating components of vastly differing maturity to create the solutions.
• Formulation and development of NEC and Client Technical Strategy:
• Awareness and assessment of developing technology within the IT marketplace
• Completion of Programme, Project Technical Architecture and designs
• Creation of technology designs starting from technology strategy moving through conceptual and logical to physical designs
• Capture of industry generic and client specific technical requirements
• Definition of technology solution and decision on components for procurement
• Technical Design Authority within NEC, Clients, Programmes and projects responsible for
• Conduct design reviews
• Review and approve design deliverables
• Technical Authority and the associated standards of work.
FINANCIAL / NON-FINANCIAL
• There is no inherent financial management relevant to this role, although the role demands a significant ability to analyse the cost-effectiveness of potential solutions, from the technology, operational and total-cost-of-ownership perspectives and to balance this against risk, especially when exploiting immature technology and strategies. The dimensions have a scope of several tens of millions of dollars.
• The role requires a significant ability to manage personal workloads in an efficient and organised manner, and to act as consultant and advisor to Project Managers, Account Directors and Service Delivery Directors on strategies, plans and budgets.
• Very significant interaction with Vendors, Service Providers and leading industry watchers.
• Significant Interaction with Customers / Clients, including at Executive level.
• Significant interaction, including at Executive level, within all towers in NEC, within Account Management, within
• Application Services, and with Project Managers and practitioners.
• Significant interaction with Consultants and New Business Personnel
• Bachelor Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or equivalent certification in IT system, network, information security and/or cloud technologies
• At least 3 years of relevant working experience in a managed outsourcing services provider environment
• Candidates with experience in the support of government agencies; or knowledge of support and service delivery models of cloud services or managed security services will be an advantage
• Possess sound technical background or understanding of systems and network. Candidates with good knowledge of network switching, routing and network security is preferred
• Familiar with ITIL processes and workflows with good understanding of the professional support services and managed outsourcing services business
• Knowledge of enterprise tools used commonly in a managed outsourcing services environment like Microsoft System Center, BMC Remedy and Bladelogic, HPE software, IBM BigFix, or Solarwinds
• Experience in the support and service delivery model of managed outsourcing services, covering end-user computing and data centre computing services, is a must
• Experience in developing statement-of-work for systems integration services involving a variety of industry products, applications and technologies, is an added advantage
• Ability to analyse large quantities of information to extract and assimilate key points is a plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel to develop the cost component calculation and pricing model
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Innovative and resourceful, with ability to work in small teams or fast paced projects e.g. Tenders/RFP
• Effective presentation skills to articulate the managed outsourcing services’ portfolio
Experienced Pre-Sales consultant / Architect role or any similar role in Infrastructure solution
• Min 5 years of relevant experience
• MUST have any of the 2 Platforms: UNIX, MS, iSeries (AS/400), Main Frame, Cloud (AWS / Azure / Google)
• Virtualization, Storage, SAN, Networking, Backup, Enterprise Infrastructure knowledge will be an added advantage
• Technical but sales-oriented mindset
• Mature and able operate on his/her own
• Resourceful (find out solutions on your own)
• Able to lead and provide technology leadership
• Able to pick up new knowledge quickly
• Good interpersonal skill
• Good Presentation and communication skill
• A Team Player