The resource(s) personnel assigned must be a certified Storage (SAN) and Backup Administrator in administration and
troubleshooting, in a 24×7 enterprise setting (inclusive of manual discovery or post actions from automatic alerts). He/she
is/are expected to cover level 1 and level 2 storage related problems and must be an experienced administrator in the
- IBM V3700 and V7000
- StorEdge storage
- HP Storage Work
- IBM and StorageTek tape libraries
- HP Data Protector
Storage Area Network
• Provide Installation, administration and maintenance support for Storage Area Network and Enterprise Backup.
• Health check and monitoring of the storage devices.
• Integrate the storage solution’s hardware and software into the customer’s operating environment and ensure full interoperability.
• Regularly update the firmware;
• Ensure comprehensive documentation of the storage solution is in place.
• Prepare test plan in consultation with the customer to ensure the solution can function fully.
• Administration and management of Symantec backup environment.
• Backup job configuration and scheduling.
• Backup server performance tuning.
• Troubleshoot any backup related.
• Capacity planning for tape libraries and backup servers.
• Perform Disaster Recovery (DR) for all the critical systems and ensure successful rebuilt of Production or DR servers after each DR should the need arise.
• Recognized Diploma/Degree in Information Technology/Information Systems/Computer Science, Business IT or other
• equivalent university degree.
• At least 5 years’ experience in Enterprise Backup Solutions and Storage Area Network
• Manage and monitor multiple storage subsystem;
• Manage disk partitioning;
• LUN assignments (create, modify or delete LUN of various sizes);
• Creation and management of Zones;
• Manage the storage capacity and utilisation;
• Conduct capacity planning and performance tuning; and
• Define and configure security within the storage subsystem. • Experience supporting Singapore government agencies with security clearance